Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Marissa Mayer and Toni Braxton, a tale of two different brands

by: Chichi Maduka

Marissa Mayer is the CEO of Yahoo. She recently appeared in Vogue magazine and her appearance created controversies among different people form different facets of life. The controversy was about the pose she struck in the magazine. Some people felt that as a CEO, she shouldn't have taken that kind of pose while others felt that she can express herself however she likes  and that even as a CEO she can still express her beauty. Take a look at the pix below.




Looking at this pix, first, the styling was good for a CEO. Secondly, the pose is OK only if she was a model. Lol. If I didn't know who Merissa Mayer was and I saw this pix, the thing that would come to my mind will be 'wow! what a good pose to showcase an outfit' while the last thing that will come to my mind will be to think that she is a CEO of a corporate organisation. The thing is that this pose is not for a personality like this unless there's something she wants to achieve with it, like to strike a modelling deal. :-) Above all I don't even think it is appropriate to strike this kind of pose dressed up this way. Shoots should be made realistic enough so that your audience can connect with it. Creativity in shoots is very important but when too much research is made for it, it usually does not work. Lol. Well, I leave you all to say what you think about this.

The second thing we will be looking into in this article is about Toni Braxton's wardrobe malfunction on stage. Yes, Toni recently got her butt exposed to the glare of her fans while performing on stage. Let's face it, Toni Braxton was barely wearing a clothe! Ok, let's just imagine she was in one. The clothe she was wearing slipped off her body from behind exposing her asset and you know the 'stunt' they always pull when this kind of thing happens to show us how 'divalicious' they are (I love entertainers! Lol), she continued singing until some guy on stage with her had to help her with his jacket to cover herself up.

I know she is in the entertainment industry where 'anything goes'. I know that costumes are worn during performances, but I also know that there are costumes and there are costumes and that some people go to an outrageous length to get noticed. 

Ladies think they look sexy exposing their goodies but let's face it, this habit never says anything good about a person. Take a look at this old picture of Toni Braxton and see what I'm talking about.





Sometimes, I just wonder that, she is a great artiste, why would she be exposing her body to make a statement? but hey, I would only develop headache if I continue wondering.




No comments:

Post a Comment