Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Roar by Katy Perry, an overview of the music video

by: Chichi Maduka





So, I finally watched the music video of the hit song, ‘Roar’ by Katy Perry currently making the airwaves.  First, I have to say that the first time I listened to that song, I totally fell in love with it that I played it over and over again. As I listened to it, I was creating a picture of what the music video would look like and when I finally watched the video few days ago, what I saw wasn’t much different from what I imagined.


The music video had a touch of creativity in terms of wardrobe, setting and theme. My only problem with it was Katy Perry who I thought should have put in more energy  and be more fierce in the video going by the lyrics of the song. She kinda made it a fun (you know the ‘jungle book’ kind of fun) video which I think didn’t perfectly drive home the message in the song.





Apart from these observations, the video was good but it could have been better. My head did not ‘swell’ as I expected it to. Lol. My! I pictured and expected a very fierce video with that setting and wardrobe concepts, although, the scene below kinda had that fierce vibes I was looking for. Nevertheless, this does not take away the fact that ‘roar’ was a song well ‘cooked’.


No comments:

Post a Comment